Coloxyl and Senna Tablets
Coloxyl with senna is a dual-action laxative, which provides fast relief from constipation within 6-12 hours. It contains two active ingredients: docusate sodium and senna. Docusate Sodium is a stool softener laxative that works by drawing water into the stool, making it softer, while senna is a laxative that stimulates the bowel to help push the stool out
Coloxyl with senna features:
- Fast constipation relief within 6-12 hours
- Overnight relief: Can be taken at night to produce a bowel motion in the morning
- Suitable for those taking constipation-inducing medications, such as opioids
- Easy to swallow, sugar-free film-coated tablets
Coloxyl with senna is suitable for use in adults. The recommended dose is 1-2 tablets with a glass of water before bed, increasing to up to 4 tablets if required.
- Each tablet contains: docusate sodium 50 mg, sennosides 8 mg
How fast does Coloxyl with senna work? Will I have to rush to the toilet?
Coloxyl with senna usually takes 6-12 hours to provide constipation relief. This is faster than Coloxyl 50 or Coloxyl 120 since Coloxyl with senna contains the stimulant laxative senna. It is recommended you take it at night so that you are ready to go to the toilet by the morning.
How do I take Coloxyl with senna?
Coloxyl with senna comes in tablet form, and the normal dose is 1-2 tablets taken with a glass of water just before bed. This can be increased to 4 tablets if needed.