Clinicians Iron Boost 30 capsules
Provides well absorbed, pure carbonyl iron with cofactors vitamin B12, folic acid and vitamin C.
- 30 Vege Caps
- To support those with iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid deficiency
- As an alternative to other forms of iron that may cause digestive issues
- Supports healthy energy levels
- As nutritional support for vegan and vegetarian diets or those with digestive issues that may cause iron, vitamin B12 and folic acid deficiency
Iron Boost contains Carbonyl Iron, which is 99% pure iron and its small size allows it to be better absorbed than other forms of iron. This means it does not stay in the digestive system causing irritation like some forms of iron. By combining iron with folic acid and vitamin B12, Iron Boost helps provide the body with healthy levels of these vitamins to support energy, mental focus, growth and red blood cell creation.
Each vegetable capsule contains:
|Carbonyl Iron (elemental iron 24mg)||24||mg|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||50||mg|
|Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin)||50||mcg|
Also contains: Magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose and silicon dioxide.
No Added: Artificial colours, sweeteners, flavours or preservatives.
Suitable for vegans and during breastfeeding and pregnancy.
Adults and Children over 4 years: 1 Capsule daily with food.
For younger children: mix capsule contents with orange juice.
Note: Iron levels should always be tested before commencing iron supplementation.
- Taking above the tolerable upper intake level (40-45mg per day) is not advised in people who are not iron deficient. In people with known iron deficiency, direction should come from a healthcare professional and monitored with laboratory assessment of iron status.
- Long-term supplementation with high levels of iron can cause haemosiderosis and multiple organ damage. While the estimated lethal level is 180-300mg/kg of body weight, acute levels as low as 60mg/kg have resulted in death.
- Individuals with haemochromatosis should avoid taking iron supplements unless advised by their health care practitioner.
- Clinicians Iron Boost is considered suitable and well tolerated during these times. Dosing above the recommended one capsule daily should be done under health professional supervision.
- The carbonyl iron contained in Clinicians Iron Boost is considered well tolerated in levels below the tolerable upper intake level of 40-45mg per day. Taking high levels of iron can, in some individuals, lead to gastrointestinal side effects which may include abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting. Supplementing with food can help reduce possible side effects.
- May interact with Thyroid medications, take at least 2 hours apart
- Take 2 hours apart from Biphosphates, Levodopa, Methyldopa, Penicillamine, Quinolone & Tetracycline and antibiotics
- Take 4 hours apart from Cholestyramine
- Avoid if taking Allopurinol